7 Reasons for 7 FORS
We are over the moon to have recently been awarded FORS (Fleet Operator Recognition Scheme) Gold standard accreditation for the seventh year in a row!
FORS is a voluntary accreditation scheme that was first introduced by Transport for London. The scheme encompasses all aspects of safety, fuel efficiency, vehicle emissions and improved operations, and is used as a measure of performance to demonstrate best practice with bronze, silver and gold ratings.
As a FORS member, we are marked against a set of standards including good working practices, a safe and up to date fleet, well trained drivers and an awareness of environmental impact.
We use internal auditing to monitor our procedures and guarantee we’re at the top of our game. However, it is through training and development of the individual drivers and staff that has provided the biggest impetus.
But what does this all mean? Well, it means we’re pretty great at what we do! The gold award demonstrates our high standards are nationally recognised in the industry, and assures our customers that they are working with a safe, compliant, competent and ethical provider.
So, here are seven reasons why we’ve received our seventh FORS Gold standard – an industry first…
- We’ve lowered harmful emissions and CO2 by planning our journeys better and reducing kilometres travelled.
- Improved driver monitoring and training has reduced road related incidents.
- We’ve improved performance and confidence in management and processes, leading to a reduction in insurance premiums.
- Better engagement with contractors has ensured they comply with both ours and FORS’ expectations.
- We’ve introduced new safety measures to provide clear demarcation lines between crane operations and pedestrians.
- Performance development plans have been managed to ensure drivers, and staff in general, are in line with FORS requirements and our targets.
- We constantly focus on maintaining and improving safety features on fleet, such as enhanced cameras and turning indicators.
As we head into 2020, we are focusing on investing in our fleet and continually training our team to ensure we maintain this high standard for another record year of FORS success.