What Are The Best Songs To Truck To?
Throughout National Lorry Week, we’ve been running a competition to find what out what lorry drivers enjoy listening to when they’re out on the road.
For our #Songstotruckto competition, we asked people to tweet us or leave a message on our Facebook page, with the best song chosen earning a £50 Amazon voucher.
Below is a selection of songs sent to us via social media and some we think should have been on the list.
- Wilson Pickett – Mustang Sally
- Roy Orbison – I drove all night
- Ray Charles – Hit the road Jack
- Roger Miller – King of the road
- Bruce Springsteen – Born to run
- Johnny Cash – I’ve been everywhere
- Meatloaf – Paradise by the dashboard
- Whitesnake – Here I go again
- Tony Christie – Is this the way to Amarillo?
- Eagles – Take it easy
- Fleetwood Mac – Go your own way
- Willie Nelson – On the road again
- Queen – Don’t stop me now
- AC/DC – Highway to Hell
- Meatloaf – Bat out of hell
The winner of the voucher was Chris Page-Groves and Fleetwood Mac’s Go Your Own Way, as we all agreed at Mobile Mini this was a great song to truck to, especially it could also represent the fact we’re trying to get people to ‘go their own way’ in the future by getting on our driving development programme.
If you haven’t sent us your song, we’d still like to know what it is, so use the hashtag #Songstotruckto or comment on our Facebook page.